Find Temporary Physician Jobs
Are you in need of temporary physician employment to boost your résumé or increase your income? Use Lucidity to get matched to jobs in the locum tenens industry that meet your preferences.
What Are Locum Tenens Physician Jobs?
Locum tenens jobs are temporary medical jobs for physicians and advanced practitioners. The purpose of a locum tenens provider is most commonly to temporarily replace a doctor who is on leave or absent from work. The temporary assignment can be for a couple of weeks or several months.
Search for the medical industry’s latest job opportunities by working with Lucidity, an established locum tenens recruiter. We make the process more efficient by presenting you with offers that fit your specialty and other specifications. Aside from doctors, we also find jobs for nurse practitioner (NP), physician assistant (PA), and certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA) roles.
Finding the Right Locum Tenens Jobs for You
To find new temp jobs that match your career goals, apply the following tips:
Define Your Priorities
Defining your priorities creates relatable search results tailored to your practice. Without defining these priorities, your results can show locum tenens job opportunities that don’t match your credentials. Identify your job search preferences by answering the following questions:
- What do you hope to gain by taking locum tenen jobs (experience or money)?
- Do you want to work part-time or full-time?
- Which location would you like a job?
- How much do you hope to earn?
- What specialties do you want to practice?
- How far are you willing to travel?
Your answers will help you narrow your job opportunities relevant to your discipline in medicine.
Decide on Location
Locum tenens job opportunities are available all over the United States. However, the location can affect your job satisfaction depending on the opportunities you accept. Some states offer higher pay for certain disciplines. Some states also provide more job opportunities, such as New Mexico, North Carolina, South Carolina, and New York.
Typically, medical facilities in rural regions offer more money to attract qualified temporary workers. If you hope to find work in a state where you are unlicensed, allow time to apply for new licensing.
Find a Locum Tenens Recruiter Who Supports Your Career Goals
Running a search for locum tenens jobs can be overwhelming without the necessary information to begin the search. Working with a recruitment agency will ensure you have crucial support throughout the search process. Lucidity’s services can take care of everything from licensing, credentialing, and privileging to quickly get you job-ready.
Whether your discipline is in internal medicine, emergency medicine, family practice, or something highly specialized, Lucidity can help you find work anywhere in the United States. Sign up now to add your preferences and start receiving notifications for new locum tenens physician opportunities that meet your preferences.
Why Medical Care Facilities Hire Locum Tenens Providers
Personnel shortages are rampant in the health sector. This is due to fewer new employees in medicine. Some of the most affected disciplines include primary care, internal medicine, and emergency medicine. Even shortages for nurse practitioners and physician assistants are becoming widespread.
To ensure patients always have access to quality care, hospitals hire locum tenens providers to fill staff shortages. Other reasons healthcare facilities hire temp physicians include:
- Test the need for a new specialist position
- Make physician and clinician staffing plans more flexible
- Find better permanent providers by sampling possible recruits through temporary work
- Grow their patient base without negatively impacting the care quality patients receive
- Minimize long-term recruitment and overhead costs
- Account for an increase in patient demand, such as a spike in local COVID-19 cases
Why Physicians and Advanced Practitioners Choose Locum Tenens
Locum tenens providers have more schedule flexibility. They also have more travel opportunities than permanent physicians. Other reasons more physicians are choosing temp work include:
- Being able to select their desired work environment and schedule
- Avoid paperwork and administrative duties to focus more on patient care
- Gain experience in their medical specialty or additional specialties
- Experience the health care system in other cities or facility types before making permanent career decisions
- Create personal time for family and other obligations
- Earn more money to pay student loan debts or build residual income
Find a Temporary Healthcare Job with Lucidity
As a full-service locum tenens recruiter company, we find reliable jobs anywhere in the United States. Other benefits of using us to search for temporary jobs in the health sector include:
- A fast matching engine to provide quality job matches tailored to your experience and preferences
- Opportunity to earn some of the best pay rates for your specialty
- Work options in various practice environments across the nation, including full- and part-time opportunities
- Medical malpractice coverage, travel, and housing reimbursement
- 100% free for physicians and advanced practitioners
- Easy payment through our hassle-free direct deposit payroll services
Lucidity can get you profitable and satisfying locum tenens work. We can find work with disciplines in internal medicine, radiology, gynecology, dermatology, or another branch of medicine. Additionally we also find jobs for nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and certified registered nurse anesthetists.
Sign up today to start getting job matches based on the pay, region, availability, and facility type you set.